What is laser cataract surgery?
Special femtosecond lasers assist the surgeon during cataract removal to minimize operative time and inflammation. Lasers are not always used during typical cataract surgery.
I'm tired of reading glasses! What are my options?
Presbyopia is an age-related change to eye lenses and causes people to lose their ability to read up close after age 40. CLVC offers many new treatments besides reading glasses.
Why is my eyelid drooping?
Eyelid ptosis, or droop, is quite common. While there are many causes; it's important to have a thorough eye exam to determine which treatment is appropriate.
How expensive is LASIK?
LASIK costs less than glasses or contacts over several years. CLVC offers payment options, including financing, to help our patients afford a glasses-free lifestyle, as it is usually not covered by insurance.
Is cataract surgery safe?
Cataract surgery is a very commonly performed surgery. Modern-day surgical techniques and technologies allow for reliable outcomes, minimal discomfort, and high patient satisfaction.
What is an ICL, or "implanted contact lens?"
CLVC offers implantable Collamer lenses, the EVO by Staar, to help near-sighted patients who may not be candidates for LASIK. The ICL is placed inside the eye to sharpen vision without lasers!
Can diabetes affect my eyes?
Yes. Diabetes and elevated blood sugars can cause damage to small vessels in the eye among other things. It is important that every diabetic patient receive a thorough eye exam annually.
What is an astigmatism?
An astigmatism occurs when the curvature of the eye is asymmetric, causing visual distortion. It can be fixed with glases or contacts, refractive surgery like LASIK, as well as cataract surgery.
Am I a candidate for LASIK?
LASIK surgery reshapes the cornea to treat myopia, hyperopia, and astigmatism. It's approved for adults with stable prescriptions. A screening will determine if LASIK is right for you.
Meet Your Ophthalmologists
Dr. G. Richard Cohen, MD, his son Joshua D. Cohen, MD, and Chad Kaplan, MD provide state-of-the-art, personalized eye care for every patient at every visit. The board-certified doctors at Cohen Laser and Vision Center specialize in LASIK surgery, advanced corneal and cataract surgery, and comprehensive eye exams.
Our Patients Come From Around the World For the Best LASIK Surgery.
- ★★★★★Sending my gratefulness to the best doctor I’ve ever seen, actually now that I can see, 😄 You’ve given me a new vision, and the opportunity to enjoy a new life. THANK YOU for your excellent surgery DR. JOSHUA COHEN and also grateful for your friendly and professional staff members. - Y Lazo
- ★★★★★I can't thank Dr. Cohen enough! I've had terrible eyesight since I was in kindergarten and with in 1 hour of my Lasik procedure I could already see better. Within three hours after my procedure I could see EVERYTHING with no glasses or contacts. Leaving my 1 year check up and I have 20/20 vision. - Katie M.
- ★★★★★I got my laser eye surgery yesterday and today I feel amazing. It was a great experience. The staff made me feel so comfortable and did an outstanding job. I would definitely recommend Dr. Cohen and his wonderful team. Life changing experience and 100% worth it. - Nikki Zammataro
- ★★★★★Dr. Cohen is the most amazing person ever! From the moment I walked into the office all my worries and nerves were gone. The staff is so amazing and very helpful. The entire process was such a breeze, I couldn't believe it! I never thought getting Lasik was an option for me, and now I have perfect vision. - Morgan Buchanan
At Cohen Laser and Vision Center, we take a sophisticated and evidence-based approach to ocular and visual health. We understand that while LASIK surgery and other laser procedures may be suitable for some, they are not for everyone. We keep patient safety and satisfaction as our highest priorities.
We are proud to offer the highest quality service to all our patients, including:
- Independently owned and operated since 1992
- Over 25,000 refractive surgeries performed
- State-of-the-art diagnostic and surgical equipment
- Fellowship training in cornea, refractive, and glaucoma surgery
- On-site Alcon Wavelight excimer and femtosecond laser system
- Certified to deliver custom topography-guided Contoura treatment
- A lifetime guarantee on all refractive surgery
- Nationwide support with TLC laser centers