Am I a Candidate for LASIK?
LASIK Vision Correction Procedure
Dr. Cohen will only perform a laser vision correction procedure on qualified candidates. In order to be qualified, patients must meet the following LASIK requirements:
- Nearsighted, farsighted, or have astigmatism
- Over the age of 18
- Have stable vision for 1-2 years
- No current eye problems
- No health issues that may affect the eyes
Because each set of eyes is unique it is important to have your eyes examined by a board-certified ophthalmologist, like Dr. Cohen prior to the LASIK procedure. Below is a list of some items that are typically involved with the evaluation process:
- The measurement of corneal thickness, including corneal topography
- Complete review of overall eye health
- The measurement of your prescription or refractive errors
- Custom LASIK measurement for higher order aberrations.
- Dry eye test
- Complete dilation to view the back of the eye or the retina
- Glasses or contact lens history review
- Measurement of pupil size
Do I meet the qualifications for LASIK? After Dr. Cohen has completed the LASIK evaluation exam he will be able to determine if you are a strong LASIK candidate. If you are not a suitable candidate for LASIK, there are a number of alternative vision correction procedures available.