March 19, 2020
Dear CLVC family,
As expected, yesterday the CDC and Academy of Ophthalmology updated their recommendations to prevent communal spread of the novel coronavirus. In an effort to comply with these guidelines, which can be reviewed here
, we are stopping normal business operations and limiting appointments as of Friday, March 20th. We intend to provide urgent and post-operative care in particular circumstances as follows:
- Post-operative patients will continue to be seen within 1 month of surgery unless otherwise directed
- Anyone with acute issues will be evaluated urgently or directed to the nearest hospital.
- Patients needing routine surveillance of vision-threatening conditions will continue to be seen as directed
- All other patients will be notified to reschedule their appointments for at least 30 days until further notice.
- All scheduled elective surgeries, including cataracts and LASIK, will be postponed until further notice.
- We are exploring telehealth options to provide care remotely if appropriate.
- After hours and weekend coverage will be shared among local physicians and triaged appropriately.
Real-time updates from the Academy of Ophthalmology are available here
. The Florida Department of Health has a very thorough website
with general COVID-19 information in Spanish and Creole as well. As always, please stay abreast of local and federal mandates.
We share in everyone's concern and frustration in these uncertain times. However, we believe that in the interest of public health these measures are critically important. Should circumstances change, we will notify you promptly and update our website